Pasta is made with different flour types and ingredients.
- The regular pasta, usually in a blue package, is made with durum wheat flour and water.
- Pasta all’uovo, egg pasta, comes in a yellow package and is made with eggs, flour, and sometimes a little bit of water. It’s usually yellowish than regular / common pasta.
- The green pasta is made by adding spinach to the main ingredients.
- The red pasta is made by adding carrots or dried tomatoes.
- The black pasta is made by adding squid ink.
- Gluten Free pasta is usually made with cornmeal or rice flour.
- Whole grain pasta is becoming common to find in many grocery stores.